This year we celebrated World Book Day on Thursday 2nd March.
Here at TCS we celebrated reading for pleasure. Our desire is to develop a love of reading. Studies show that students who enjoy and feel confident reading are better learners – and not just in English. Reading gives them a firm grasp on all subjects.
Our activities included:
- Class visits to the school library
- All staff “I’m Reading…” displays
- World Book Day Vouchers for all students
- Videos of Authors’ interviews shown throughout lunchtime
- Suggested Reading lists and posters displayed
- Reading Surveys
And finally, we had Drop Everything And Read (DEAR). For a full class period we had the whole school, staff and pupils, reading – almost 900 people – and enjoying their books at the same time. The atmosphere, attention and silence was a pleasure to behold!!! Pics