Tallaght Community School Transition Year students have been given the great opportunity to participate in the STEPS Engineering Ireland workshop from Monday the 30th April until the 4th of May at IT Tallaght. Engineering Your Future is a week-long, hands-on programme for Transition Year students who have an interest in science and maths. It is designed to introduce them to the exciting and diverse world of engineering. Students taking part in this programme are Luke Gorman, Lee Cairnduff, Jamie Butler, Carl Graham, Rhys O'Brien, Jamie Yeates, Eimantas Adzgauskas, Juan Man You and Sultan Albogachiev.
The programme, supported by STEPS and hosted by a IT Tallaght offers Transition Year students the opportunity to:
- Gain a better understanding of the skills required of engineers and the career opportunities available to qualified engineers.
- Learn about the disciplines and technologies making up the exciting world of engineering.
- Meet engineers at various stages in their careers and hear about their experiences.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the diversity of engineering at third level and its subject content.
- Experience what engineers do on a daily basis through industry visits.