Sports & Leisure

Rugby - TCS-v-Rathcoole

T.C.S v. Rathcoole (Senior Match)

Tallaght Community School faced rathcoole in the south Dublin cup on Wednesday the 9th Febuary. Captain Glenn Murray was out to try and get his senior team off to a winning start in this years cup. Unfortunately that was not the case in what was a 10-10 draw between the two sides.

Tallaght played extremely physical rugby throughout the whole game and it showed as they dominated possession for the first 15 minutes or so. And in the end, they're efforts were rewarded with an early try scored by Adam Notaro. Sean Douglas narrowly missed the conversion attempt. Both teams battled hard for the remainder of the half but the score remained 5-0 going into the break.

The second half kicked off with tallaght getting another early try by Sean Douglas. The kick right on the touch line was missed by Adam Notaro. Tallaght kept up the pressure turning over countless rucks, scrums and lineouts, but unfortunately, the scores didn't come. Conor Stewart had two great chances to score midway through the second half. The first of which resulted in a penalty to tallaght, the second, Stewie just put a foot in touch so the play was called back for a lineout.
In the latter stages of the game, rathcoole managed to string together a few attacks which, unfortunately for Tallaght, resulted in two tries and the game becoming tied. With little time to get another score on the board, the game finished 10-10.

The whole team played brilliantly but a few of the lads did stand out from the rest. Jibola Busari made some amazing tackles and turnovers, while second year Alex Rodgers had a great debut for the senior team turning over multiple lineouts. And captain Glenn Murray made countless breaks and made so many opportunities for the rest of the team that lead to great field position for the team. However, man of the match has to go to Kunle Adeyemo who was so physical and aggressive in his tackles. He caused countless turnovers and even made a few good runs gaining multiple yards each time he went forward.

So maybe it was a bit unlucky that Tallaght didn't win the match, due to the fact that it was dominated by them, but they didn't
lose and are so far unbeaten this season, which not even the great Blackrock College can claim. Let's just hope that the team can go out and win the next game, and possibly the first piece of rugby silverwear for the school in four years. But for now, the lads are just taking it one game at a time.

By Andrew Mahon - 5th Year



TCS v Firhouse Community College (Junior Match)

The junior rugby match against Firhouse Community College was action packed and great fun.

The game kicked off and both teams fought hard for possession but in the end Firhouse came away with possession and scored the first try.

A missed conversion followed. After a lot of great play it lead to a T.C.S try. However, the conversion was also missed. T.C.S went on to score another two tries, which converted one. What then followed was a hard fought second half.

The game then featured some highs and lows. Even though T.C.S. played excellently, Firhouse held the upper hand winning the game 24-17.


By Leon Lacey-McEvoy - 1st Year



TCS v St Colmcille's CS (Junior Match)

The junior team in TCS played a very hard fought game against St. Colmcille school.

The game was even enough at the the start but then Colmcille's fought back hard and came away as champions winning 28-12.

Both teams put forward strong performances in each half.

The TCSlads have gained valuable experience in these matches so far and are more determined than ever to win their next game. Better luck next time lads.

By Leon Lacey-McEvoy - 1st Year


Well done to all the team, coaches and teachers for three very exciting and well played games. Keep up the hard work and best of luck!! Remember training for both juniors and seniors is every tuesday and thursday after school. All must attend!!
Mr. Gueret and Mr. Morris