Chicken and Chorizo Paella
Ingredients (Serves 4)
2 small onion diced
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 red pepper deseeded and cut into strips
1 teaspoon of paprika
300 g of paella rice
2 stock cubes/stock pots
2 tomatoes chopped
1 lemon (Juice only)
100g of chorizo sliced into small pieces
3-4 chicken breasts sliced into small pieces
Salt and black pepper
- Prepare all the vegetables (chop tomato and onion, peel and crush garlic, Remove core of pepper and slice thinly) and slice chicken into small pieces.
- Make stock, combine 600mls boiling water with stock cubes/pots)
- Heat oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the pepper, tomato, paprika and turmeric. Continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes, then stir in the rice. Make sure to coat the rice in the oil and juices.
- Pour in the stock over the rice. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, part covered, until the rice in tender (about ten minutes) adding a splash of water if the rice is drying out.
- In a separate pan fry the chorizo and chicken in a little olive oil and set aside.
- To serve stir in the chorizo, chicken and lemon juice and pile onto a serving plate.